Julia D. Smith
A consultant, Julia Smith is the founder of Smith Solutions, a company established to provide consultative services to businesses and individuals on personal achievement and organizational effectiveness. Mrs. Smith has advised small and
major corporations both in the U.S. and around the world. An energetic speaker, her informative delivery and enthusiastic style have captivated audiences organizations, associations and financial institutions across the country.
About the Speaker
- Eight years of experience advising management in human
resources, financial management and customer service.
- A recognized authority/speaker on doing business with the federal government and electronic commerce.
- Self-published booklet entitled "Eight Ways to Get a Raise."
Her lively, fresh insights help the audience:
- Shed misconceptions about personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Walk away with usable strategies to revisit, renew and reclaim your vision.
- Leverage motives to drive you to a new level of goal attainment.
If desire is the only thing we need to get what we want out of life, the door to success would be open to everyone all the time. Unfortunately, many times we close that door by taking actions that divert us from achieving the level of success we are seeking. Whether an individual or organization, this presentation will equip you with techniques to identif~,' your ultimate goals and harness your unique treasury of talents and resources
to fashion a key to you or your organization's success.
Everyday the stakes are getting higher for companies who want to survive in today's marketplace. This essential platform address takes a fresh and insightful look at the challenges and
implications for employees and organizations in today's changing environment.
In her presentation, Julia shares how your organization can transition from traditional operating methods to adapting contemporary strategies that can revitalize your organization. The information you receive will provide you with tips on forming and sustaining more effective operations and cultivating a leading-edge approach to solving problems that will help you thrive in today's competitive market.
Topics explored include: organizational planning, customer service, employee development, and electronic payments and your financial institution.
Young people today are thrust into the frenzy of change and development at an alarmingly rapid pace. But, with
increased knowledge comes increased competition and pressure to perform. As evidenced in the increase in violence in schools, our youth are crying out for ways to make sense of their lives and find their place in society as happy, productive members of society. In her sensitive platform address, Julia explores today's youths' place in society and the unique opportunities they have to help shape the world they live in.
Highly creative, results-oriented professional with diverse experience in public speaking, writing, financial management and human resources.
- Planned, designed and wrote senior executive speeches, corporate and conference presentations.
- Represented agency as key speaker at national conferences.
- Managed promotion services through direct mail pieces, brochures, flyers, and surveys.
Established and maintained contact with corporate clientele, financial institutions and other government agencies to identify and resolve issues related to electronic commerce.
- Produced newsletters and contributing articles for 3000 employees and major vendors.
- Developed training manuals, desk procedures, position papers and reports.
- Operated electronic commerce segment of $85 billion financial disbursing operation.
- Oversaw development and implementation of financial management initiatives, coordinated budget requirements for program area and monitored organizational practices.
- Advised senior executive staff on agency's electronic commerce program.
- Compiled and analyzed
financial surveys and reports, planned and revised short- and long-term projections for department, and made recommendations based on survey findings.
- Performed as recognized authority for international centralized database developed for Department of Defense.
- Served regularly as interim chief and project manager for customer service department.
- Provided management consultation in recruitment/staffing, compensation, training and development, organizational structure and position design as part of self-directed team.
Developed financial/human resource management tools and designed, coordinated and conducted targeted supervisory/employee training programs with over 85% participation.
- Served on special committees to identify program requirements, analyze effects of current policies and make recommendations impacting local and regional programs.
National Speakers Association, 1999
Who's Who of Professionals, 1999
Employee of the Quarter, 1999
Monetary Awards for Tracking and Recovery of multi-million dollar customer funds
BA. Journalism: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1989
Financial Specialist (1996-1999)
Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Columbus, OH
Human Resource Specialist (1992-1 996)
Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Columbus, OH
Housing Internal Control Specialist (1991 -1 992)
Department of Housing and Urban Development-Columbus, OH
Customer Service Representative (1990-1991)
CheckFree Corporation-Westerville, OH