10 DEADLY SINS™
(and how to avoid them)
This powerful presentation uses real-world examples to challenge
traditional practices and encourages the audience to consider the
role of marketing in an entirely new light. Dynamic, engaging and
informative, Jim Drummond identifies 10 common errors companies
make when bringing goods and services to market. Participants will
leave this session with knowledge, tools and methods they can apply
to their own businesses, large or small.
Discover the truth about:
• What really drives customer choice
• Managing creative people: an oxymoron?
• Using demographics to guarantee success
• Why marketing campaigns often go so very wrong
• Ensuring the long-term success of your next campaign
• Why the Internet is seldom the answer it appears to be
• Breaking through the “clutter” to get your
• Defining and differentiating your product against competition
Jim Drummond has produced highly effective marketing
campaigns on two continents for over 25 years. His work has been
called “Insightful”, “Visionary” and “A
fresh dose of common sense”.
A former award winning broadcast journalist, Jim delivers keynote
speeches and conducts seminars in both the United States and overseas.
Audiences have consistently given him 90% + ratings for both content
and presentation skills. Jim’s academic background includes
undergraduate work in communications at the University of Florida
and a Master’s Degree in Marketing and Strategic Planning
from Britain’s prestigious University of Edinburgh. He has
also served on the invited faculty of Purdue University’s
Center for Customer Driven Quality.